apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in CHANGES
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:59:42 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Monday, August 25, 2003 12:40:47 -0400 Jeff Trawick
> <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> IIRC getnameinfo() was the problem, not getaddrinfo().
>>
>> With 6.6 kernel (and whatever else Jaguar+latest updates gets you),
>> http://www.apache.org/~trawick/gni_mapped.c still fails for me.  (This
>> supposedly means that deny/allow from IP controls are broken.)  Can you
>> try gni_mapped on your system?
>

> I don't understand what gni_mapped is supposed to output.  I get the
> same output on Darwin as I do on FreeBSD.

On a working system, it displays this:

look up via IPv4: 0/www.ibm.com
look up via IPv6: 0/www.ibm.com

On my Jaguar system (and on other Mac OS X systems in the past), the
first lookup finds the hostname and the second lookup fails to find the
hostname.

So what do you get on your system?  I must be missing some OS X fix...
(But this box is running straight Jaguar with all available updates from
Software Update installed.)