apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in CHANGES
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:40:47 GMT
jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:

> jerenkrantz    2003/08/24 16:09:19
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in CHANGES
>   Log:
>   Re-enable IPv6 on Darwin 6.6 and beyond as it looks like getaddrinfo() now
>   works with IPv4-mapped addresses.

IIRC getnameinfo() was the problem, not getaddrinfo().

With 6.6 kernel (and whatever else Jaguar+latest updates gets you),
http://www.apache.org/~trawick/gni_mapped.c still fails for me.  (This
supposedly means that deny/allow from IP controls are broken.)  Can you
try gni_mapped on your system?

Another issue is that switching IPv6 support on/off is a binary
compatibility issue due to the layout of apr_sockaddr_info_t.  apr < 1.0
may not care so much about that but Apache 2.0.x does.  We may need
something in Apache 2.0.x configure.