apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] IPv6 on Tru64 broken
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:19:27 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> IPv6 with Apache on tru64 has been broken for a while now, and I finally
> got round to figuring out what it was. It appears that Tru64's
> getaddrinfo returns ai_addrlen of 32 for AF_INET6 address, but that
> sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6) is 28.
>
> This meant that apr_sockaddr_vars_set() was blindly setting salen
> to 28, and then later when Apache called bind( , , 28) Tru64 bombed
> out in unpleasant error land. Patch attached.

I'm not sure I would use the word "blindly", as we're using
sizeof(sockaddr_in6).  If getaddrinfo() returns IPv6 addresses larger
than that, we're hosed at that point and shouldn't be copying into the
apr_sockaddr_info_t anyway.

Isn't the first step to see why getaddrinfo() is returning IPv6
addresses larger than sizeof(sockaddr_in6) and take it from there?
(Alternatively, why am I confused?)