apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: locale independent apr_str_eq function?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:55:39 GMT
André Malo wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be useful to provide such a function in apr,
> because:

it would probably be useful to have a set of routines which assumes us-ascii

a couple of notes:

. on some platforms the character classification routines (<ctype.h>)
are locale dependent and even expensive...  some apps care only about
us-ascii

. as far as "us-ascii", maybe I really mean that set of chars, which may
not be encoded in ASCII at all; note that on z/OS, Apache httpd parses
protocol data which is already in EBCDIC...