apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject [VOTE] Time for APR 1.0
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:56:12 GMT
I'd like to propose a vote:

[ ] - Yes, I think we're ready for 1.0 now (in both apr and apr-util)
[ ] - No, I think we're not ready for 1.0 because __________

Personally, I think we're well beyond the point of 1.0 stability, so I'd like
to call what we have now 1.0 and start enforcing our version rules.
Obviously, we'll need to create release candidates to shake out any major bugs
first.

We know what we have isn't 100% perfect, but we have version rules for
addressing how we'll fix things as they come along.

We've had this discussion before and I don't think there was any serious
opposition (other than 'I want my cool feature in 1.0').  So, let's stop
dilly-dallying and get 1.0 out the door.  -- justin