apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in CHANGES
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:54:58 GMT
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:13:03PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >Yeah, that looks reasonable :)  I'm still curious about what was happening
> >on Justin's system.
>
> No clue, either.  =)  I very well may have gotten what was working mixed
> up, sorry.

If gni_mapped worked for you then something is definitely different
anyway.

> What I do know is that host-based authorization is working AFAICT.  So, I'm
> not sure that this particular code path is indicative of the original
> problem we saw.  That is, I'm not sure how we'd ever execute the code path,
> or if we are, it isn't showing signs of failure.  If it is failing, I'd
> like a clear example of its failure.  (What we was posted last year appears
> to be working.)

But if gni_mapped works for you this is expected :)

> And, if there is a legitimate bug in Darwin's handling of something, we
> should file a bug report with Apple.  Not sure whom the best person to file
> it would be.  -- justin

It very much looks like some peoples Darwin installs have a broken
getnameinfo() and some don't. The bug could be in libc, libresolv
(if any), libsocket, lookupd or libbind (in fact there's an indentical
old bug in libbind that caused this behaviour so if libc/lookupd use
it that could be the trigger).

But anyway ... in the meantime can I persuade you (or someone) to
commit that patch anyway ? It does no harm on working systems and will
fix the broken ones. It's a pity to not have IPv6 working on Darwin
because of a small bug with a trivial work-around :)

colm@stdlib.net					  http://www.stdlib.net/