apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Darwin and IPv6 was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server listen.c
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:42:43 GMT
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:45:20PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Thursday, August 14, 2003 23:43:23 +0100 "Colm MacCarthaigh,,,"
> <colmmacc@stdlib.net> wrote:
>
> >good good, patch works so :) In which I'll now cc dev@apr and include
> >the neccessary autoconf voodoo to fix OSX/Darwin.
>
> I'm not entirely sure the getnameinfo() patch is needed on current releases
> of Darwin.  Host-based authorization *seems* to work without it.

According to my darwin sources, it definitely fixes things for them,
but is fixed with Jaguar I believe.

> Can someone please verify this to make sure I'm not doing something wrong
> or misunderstanding what the original problem was 10 months ago or whatnot?
>
> It's very possible this was fixed in a point release since last October.
> If so, we can allow IPv6 on 10.2.6 and perhaps earlier versions if we can
> get confirmation on those versions.  And, we *could* also enable it on
> known-getnameinfo()-broken releases with this patch in place.  But, I'm not
> really tempted to go that far.  -- justin

Well if it ever does worm it's way in, for the sake of ultra-paranioa
it really needs a ntohl() in the RHS of the assignment. IPv6 stores
everything in network-byte-order, IPv4 structures are stored locally
as host. And you never know someone might just roll out Darwin on Sparc ;p~

colm@stdlib.net					  http://www.stdlib.net/