apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/include apr_buckets.h
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:03:39 GMT
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 jwoolley@apache.org wrote:

> jwoolley    2003/07/01 22:25:44
>
>   Modified:    buckets  apr_buckets_alloc.c
>                include  apr_buckets.h
>   Log:
>   an addition to the api to allow httpd mpm's to share an apr_allocator_t
>   between a thread pool and the thread's bucket allocator.  this will allow
>   the freelist max size to be managed.

I just realized there's a problem with this... if you call
apr_bucket_alloc_create_ex() and pass it an allocator, alloc_cleanup()
should not call apr_allocator_destroy(allocator)... that should be the job
of the caller.  I'm going to have to add a flag to the apr_bucket_alloc_t
to keep track of this.

At any rate, the MPM changes in httpd are turning into a lot of ugliness
the deeper I dig.  Several MPM's create their MPM's in the wrong spot or
are in some other way not being cooperative.  I'll commit the changes
tomorrow to httpd-2.1 anyway, but it's likely to take a week or so to make
sure I've not introduced accidentally any double-free conditions on
shutdown or memory leaks or anything else bad.  I'll need the people who
keep up with the MPM's (*all* of them) to test the changes after they're
made in 2.1-dev.

Bottom line: httpd 2.0.47 should not be held up for this.

--Cliff