apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testfileinfo.c
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:30:49 GMT
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>sussman@apache.org writes:
>

>>sussman     2003/07/07 15:44:11
>>
>>  Log:
>>  New apr_file_mtime_set() API, implemented in unix and win32.
>>  Patches from Branko Cibej (brane) and Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.cmu.edu>.
>>

>So can this API be renamed to apr_path_mtime_set()?  Can it be made to
>work on directories as well as files?  Certainly the unix utime()
>implementation works on any kind of inode.  How about brane's win32
>implementation?

I think the Win32 bit won't work on directories without changes,
although I think it can be changed so that it does. The Unix
implementation probably will work on dirs unchanged.

I have no objection to changing the funciton name (or at least the docs)
and teach it to work on both files and dirs.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/