apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: setting timestamps
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:44:25 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>

>>Subversion is already using apr_stat() to read the mtime of a file.
>>But now we'd like to be able to *write* timestamps as well.
>>Has this conversation been had before?
>>

>I did some digging on marc.theaimsgroup and found this:
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=104970018703214&w=2
>
>It looks like a patch was submitted to do exactly that by Matt Kraai,
>though it only provided an implementation for unix, and it seems to have
>fallen through the cracks anyway.

This interface looks sane, and I can cobble up a Windows implementation
in two eyeblinks. As for the patch itself: utimes() is a BSDism and may
not be available on all systems. The Unix implementation needs to check
for this, and use utime() instead if utimes() isn't available.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/