apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr/test testdso.c
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:29:36 GMT

You're missing the point.  It isn't about APR having platform specific code,
it is about applications using APR using apr tests to write platform specific
code, or make assumptions about what APR implements.

> Further, I think it's purely a matter of code-beauty vs something
> else.. I don't understand why one would prefer "#if defined(__hpux) ||
> defined(__hpux__) || defined (__or_something_else_)" as opposed to using
> "#ifdef APR_PLATFORM_IS_HPUX" - both of them are essentially the same.

It's about giving the user (an app developer) a tool you may not wish to
hand him.  This either forces him to write platform independend code, or,
makes him need to go to the ugly process of writing platform tests himself.

Sander