apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: [STATUS] (apr) Wed Jun 25 23:45:21 EDT 2003
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:16:45 GMT
At 11:52 AM 6/26/2003, Marc M. Adkins wrote:

>>     * I think apr_open_stderr() and friends *should* dup() the
>>       descriptor.  That would allow the new/returned file to be closed
>>       (via pool cleanup or manually) without accidentally closing
>>       stderr/out.
>Hey, I noticed (crashed doing) that!  I thought it was just supposed to work
>that way.  Now that you mention it, using dup() in this matter would be

The problem with changing the API is that it's the only way we have to
obtain the 'real' system's stdin/out/err.  Without this function (or going
over to using dup()) we end up with no way outside of posix+platform
specific mechanisms to control those system files.

>> Stuff for post 1.0:
>I would suggest:
>        * Routines for acquiring basic information about running processes
>          such as memory usage, CPU usage, etc.  Should work for processes
>          that were _not_ started via apr_proc_create().  Should allow
>          enumeration of all processes on system (subject to user permissions).
>But that's just me, and probably no one else cares. ;)

No, that would be most cool.  Care to offer a patch?

View raw message