apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: remaining issues prior to 1.0?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:05:09 GMT
At 01:04 AM 6/25/2003, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:29 AM -0400 Cliff Woolley <jwoolley@virginia.edu>
wrote:

>>What are the real issues stopping us from releasing APR 1.0?  (Yes, I've
>>read the STATUS file.)  We've been "pushing toward" 1.0 for almost a year
>>now...
>
>Off the top of my head I would suggest:
>
>* tmpfile handling
>* random number generation API

Let me add

* no support of out-of-band network data whatsoever.  That really concerns
  me and I will probably address it over the next two weeks.

* real problems with files opened for sendfile, which no longer block correctly
  on win32, e.g. our entire logic may be invalid.  Try filtering any buckets
  prepared for sendfile on win32 with the XTHREAD logic to see the issue.

* emulating the daemon/services foo within the Win32 port... but call it
  a 'nice to have' ... I will try to dedicate cycles to this over the summer.
  It's not exactly a showstopper.