apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: permission problems with SDBM
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:08:49 GMT
G√ľnter Knauf wrote:
>>compare your code with apr-util/test/testdbm.c and see why testdbm.c
>>works and yours doesn't
>
> ok, thanks! Will look at this...
>
> however I think it is perhaps a general issue of my installation; but I thought since
the log files are also created in the same dir automatically the sdbm file should do too,
or??
> sorry, but I'm not the Unix crack; so maybe I did something wrong when installing Apache2,
but everything else is working fine except this...

the dbm support, and in fact apr/apr-util as a whole, knows nothing of
Apache or its log directories...  if you want to create a file in
Apache's log directories you'll need to find that directory and specify
it on the open