apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Stopping a Listening Server socket?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:45:37 GMT
Andrew Cheyne wrote:
>     I have an APR Server socket that is listening for connections in a
> separate Thread. How do I stop this Socket from listening (from another
> thread, for example) so I can clean up properly before exiting?

to keep it from listening, close it

but if you really want to signal the thread to terminate, that is a
different issue

I wouldn't expect that closing the socket will for all platforms cause
that thread to wake up (seems like I tested it before and on some boxes
it woke up the accept() and on some it didn't; can't recall for sure,
though :( ).