apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util configure.in
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:16:45 GMT
trawick@apache.org wrote:
> trawick     2003/06/11 08:10:46
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in
>   Log:
>   pick up apr-determined cflags and cppflags for apr-util configure

I didn't add logic to pick up special includes directories learned by
apr...  not 100% confident that it should be omitted, but the use case I
can think of where apr would add to includes is when apr itself compiles
against some library...  apr-util wouldn't have any need to compile
against such a library

I didn't add logic to pick up special ldflags learned by apr...  not
100% confident that it should be omitted, but apr-util stuff should be
linked with apr libs/ldflags anyway

also, the very serious problem that apr-util configure can't learn new
tricks (i.e., make updates to cflags/cppflags/etc. that are actually
used for the apr-util build) is unrelated to this