apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testdso.c
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:05:43 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

> It's about giving the user (an app developer) a tool you may not wish to
> hand him.  This either forces him to write platform independend code, or,
> makes him need to go to the ugly process of writing platform tests himself.

I see an implication that if APR doesn't give the user a tool s/he will
be forced/encouraged/challenged to write platform independent code, and
that otherwise it would be a mess.

Is my understanding of your point accurate?  IOW, do you believe that
for APR to provide a cleaner representation of such platform-specific
details will cause APR applications to be messier?