apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] Revised fallback libtool.m4 location in buildconf
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:15:32 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 07:09:48PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Below are the patches, one to apr and one to apr-util, revised to use
>> PrintPath.
>
> I think it's useful to allow finding libtool.m4 in odd places without
> requiring an aclocal installation - since this can be done with a very
> simply change I've committed it rather than your patch. Hope this works
> for you: just set $LIBTOOL_M4 appropriately.

It's a slight improvement, but not by much.

This means that every user of any distribution using auto-version-selecting
autotool wrappers will need to set an environment variable.

This is like configure asking you to manually set things which it could test
for.

Shall I redo my patch to incorporate use of the LIBTOOL_M4 variable, or is
the idea of using aclocal, even only optionally, simply not acceptable for
some reason?

Max.