apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Retrying: [Patch] Add fallback method to libtool.m4 location algorithm
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:11:10 GMT
--On Friday, June 06, 2003 17:56:08 +0100 Max Bowsher <maxb@ukf.net> wrote:

> Reposting - What do people think about this?

I'm leery of using automake in any fashion, so I'm not overly enthusiastic
about using aclocal even in such limited fashion.

Yet, I should note that you should probably test for aclocal first before
you use it.  See how we search for libtoolize with PrintPath.  That'd be a
better solution than just assuming aclocal is present before executing it.
Otherwise, people will just see 'aclocal is not found' and then 'aclocal is
not available' - that's not very clean behavior.

BTW, what lame-brain OSes require this?  -- justin