apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <mma...@Doorways.org>
Subject APR_BINARY?
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 01:28:04 GMT
I'm using the 2.0.45 source for reference...

Should the APR_BINARY flag be used to handle newline differences (prevalent
on Windows)?  'Cause it doesn't appear to be doing anything on that
platform.  As near as I can tell, all files on Windows are binary mode.

APR_BINARY is described in apr_file_open() documentation as having nothing
to do with UNIX.  A search through the source shows that it is _only_ used
in the UNIX source files (where O_BINARY is found to be defined).

I ask because I just spent some time figuring out that there is no newline
conversion in the apr_file_ functions on Windows.  Had to write code to
handle it.  No big deal, but somewhat unexpected.

mma