apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_socket_sendv() and IOV_MAX
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:26:33 GMT
At 05:32 PM 4/23/2003, Jim Carlson wrote:
>I'm considering writing a patch to the unix version of apr_socket_sendv(), which would
check IOV_MAX and issue several calls to sendv() if necessary (while respecting the blocking,
nonblocking, timeout setting in the same way as apr_socket_send()).
>  I have to write this code anyway, but it seems to belong in APR.  Any objections?

None whatsoever.  If it is ready tomorrow, I will even review it in the afternoon,
since we already other Win32 socket issues that I'm vetting.

I'm only surprised that we haven't seen this in Apache with mod_include
abuse tests (which create very long chains of iovecs, or at least they used to.)

Perhaps this is the root of the various "only the first <--! include>'ed document
is processed by ssi" bug reports?  And why most people don't see them?

Bill