apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Carlson <jcarl...@jnous.com>
Subject Re: apr_socket_sendv() and IOV_MAX
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:55:17 GMT
It might be done by tomorrow.  I think that this would not have been a problem
for any linux tests.  I read once that linux has a high IOV_MAX -- but of the
two seemingly identical debian boxes I have here, one seems to have 16 and the
other 1024.  But I suspect that writev/readv ignore this value anyway, and
process arbitrary numbers of iovecs, because the linux man pages don't mention
it.  And Windows doesn't have an equivalent restriction either.

Jim

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 05:32 PM 4/23/2003, Jim Carlson wrote:
>
>>I'm considering writing a patch to the unix version of apr_socket_sendv(), which would
check IOV_MAX and issue several calls to sendv() if necessary (while respecting the blocking,
nonblocking, timeout setting in the same way as apr_socket_send()).