apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Carlson <jcarl...@jnous.com>
Subject apr_socket_sendv() and IOV_MAX
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:32:24 GMT
Hello,
   I recently ran into some trouble using apr_socket_sendv() on my Solaris box,
which apparently sets IOV_MAX to the absurdly low value of 16.  APR does not
appear to have any facilities for dealing with this.  Ideally this limitation
could be obscured in APR, since IOV_MAX is not a portable identifier (Windows
doesn't have it).  I'm considering writing a patch to the unix version of
apr_socket_sendv(), which would check IOV_MAX and issue several calls to sendv()
if necessary (while respecting the blocking, nonblocking, timeout setting in the
same way as apr_socket_send()).
   I have to write this code anyway, but it seems to belong in APR.  Any objections?

Jim