apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding compilation
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:38:19 GMT
[ This is more of an httpd question than an APR question.  Please post these
types of questions on dev@httpd.apache.org instead. ]

--On Wednesday, April 30, 2003 7:37 AM -0700 Rohan Nandode
<rnandode@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any way in the apache build process to
> specify path, where object files or library files
> should go?

That's essentially VPATH support.  You'd run configure in the directory where
you want the build objects to occur.

% pwd
/work/apache/obj
% ../src/configure <all configure options>

> Please let me know how I can achieve this with Apache
> 2.0.35.

However, VPATH support was not finished until later GAs.  It should work with
current releases though (2.0.45).  -- justin