apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: v0.9.2 apr-iconv does not build. required for apr-util?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:11:45 GMT
--On Wednesday, April 23, 2003 2:26 PM -0400 Ian Gough
<igough@gridironsoftware.com> wrote:

> The problem seems to be that the apr-iconv configure script is expecting
> libtool 1.3 (looking for ltconfig) but these platforms use libtool and
> glibtool 1.4.2, which does not have ltconfig. Since this seems to be an
> obvious problem, I can only assume that I am doing something stupidly wrong
> trying to build APR. Can somebody verify that these are the correct steps:

No, it's that apr-iconv is broken not that your steps are incorrect.  =)

I just committed some fixes to apr-iconv's CVS tree.  Feedback would be
greatly appreciated.  It'll compile and install for me now.  Well, iconv
binary doesn't compile for some unknown reason - don't have time to sort it
out now.  I'll leave it up to someone else to figure out.

And, no, apr-iconv isn't really required for apr-util.  You just won't have
apr_xlate services.  That probably affects Subversion and its charset
conversion more than it does httpd, FWIW.  Subversion does log charset
translation if apr_xlate is available...  -- justin