apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject apr_atomic_sparc.s
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:01:40 GMT
I was a bit worried by the copyright notice in this file:

!*  This code is based on the UltraSPARC atomics library by Mike Bennett
!*  The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Mike Bennett,
!*  mbennett@netcom.com, Copyright (C) 1999. All Rights Reserved.
!*  This code is based on the sparc architecture Manual version 9
!*  section J.11 (page 333)

Forgive my ignorance of copyright matters, but if the copyright notice
just said "all rights reserved" and no more, then surely you have been
given *no* rights to reproduce/modify/make-derivative-works/etc?

Was there a more revealing copyright notice on original files this code
was copied from?

I found a cached version of the web site for this project but not the
code:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020202185732/http://www.netwiz.net/~mbennett/atomics/

joe