apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: HEAD and releases
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:11:50 GMT
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:06:44AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> I don't understand how APR will ever become 1.0-worthy if HEAD remains
> indefinitely constrained to being 0.9.2-compatible.

I agree. We will never get to 1.0 if we keep worrying about compatibility so
much. If we call it 1.0 then we have a legitimate need to continue
compatibility. But right now, we're stuck in limbo.

We should stop screwing around and drop the compat crap, and start moving
towards a 1.0 release...

0.9.x can continue on a branch if further releases are needed.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/