apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: autoconf problems with the apr RC2 / powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 03:32:50 GMT
At 06:10 PM 3/24/2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
Mea Culpa. Running buildconf has resolved the problem.

>for some reason I thought that 'make distclean' does a total clean.

Since we distribute ./configure, no, make distclean should not
remove ./configure, so you shouldn't need to rerun ./buildconf.

Perhaps a ./configure target with the buildconf and sources would
be useful to either emit a warning or cause a total meltdown of
./configure.  Oh - wait, we aren't talking about make, that's a script
... but I'm sure we could come up with the equivalent.  This seems to
bite even the principals of this project way to often ;-)

Bill