apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 0.9.2
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:51:00 GMT
At 12:29 PM 3/24/2003, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>so is 0.9.2 out?
>
>there are tarballs up, but they're labelled 'alpha', and there hasn't been any kind of
announcement of a release that i can find.  should those of us who maintain packages of it
feel free to update them to use the tarballs that are there now, or are those going to be
replaced with 'non-alpha' tarballs at some point?

>just wondering what the status is.

What say you?

We always wait for a day or two for folks to +1/-1 the image's quality.  If we
determine it isn't release quality, the -alpha images stay out there, but won't
be considered a -gold 'release'.  Now, since we aren't at 1.0, we really
should just be saying these are -alpha or -beta, but either way, we need
some folks to say +1.

Actually, we probably should have dropped these into apr.apache.org/dev/dist/
but again, since we are still sort of 'floating' twords 1.0, it probably isn't the
end of the world.

Bill