apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Patch] redux; discussion of FD_CLOEXEC and APR_INHERIT
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 05:47:44 GMT
With a small typo pointed out by Bjoern, and fixing at least the
prototypes for the socket v.s. file implementations of inherit, here
is the revised patch.  It is 'theoretical'  - I'll vet it on OS/X in
the morning.

I have one question; should we also be toggling sockets as
FD_CLOEXEC?  Common sense tells me, yes - we should
set that flag by default in all the assignments scattered
throughout network_io/unix/sockets.c.

Enjoy the patch... comments greatly appreciated.  It's a little
to quiet on this issue... and your *win32* hacker is coding the
Unix solution.  Are you scared yet :-?

Bill

A: well, at least you should be...