apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_pools.h
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:44:44 GMT
At 01:57 PM 3/12/2003, Ben Laurie wrote:
>striker@apache.org wrote:
>>striker     2003/03/11 12:02:06
>>  Modified:    include  apr_pools.h
>>  Log:
>>  * include/apr_pools.h
>>
>>    Add a comment about the order in which cleanups are run.  This has been
>>    the case for quite a while, but was never documented.
>
>ISTR Ben Hyde ranting to me about how this isn't strictly true... in particular, if you
do this:

>1. Register cleanup 1 in pool A
>2. Make subpool B in A
>3. Register cleanup 2 in B
>4. Register cleanup 3 in A
>5. Register cleanup 4 in B
>
>then destroy A, the order of cleanups is 3,4,2,1.

Huh?  3 is run first?  I do believe we are destroying the subpools in
a first pass (invoking their cleanups) such that it's 4,2 ... and then
running the primary pool's cleanup, so we finish we 3,1.  In there we
also tear down created processes, which should also be noted somewhere.

But I could be wrong...

Bill