apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject apr_foo_inherit_once() to solve our woes?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:25:31 GMT
It seems like apr needs a 'special' flavor of inherit_[un]set that allows
one level of inheritence (provided the developer will call our apr functions
and not their own crufty exec() code.)

apr_foo_inherit_once would register a special cleanup that invokes
apr_foo_inherit_unset() within the child cleanup.  That way, the child
will make the handle uninheritable, without the programmer going to
any extra effort.

Does this make sense to anyone else?  I'm not even certain I can do
such a thing on win32, but our win32 inheritance is goofy anyways.
I'm trying to solve the 80/20 problem.

Bill