apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: random number support weirdness in APR
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:36:09 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

>> When I build HEAD of httpd v2.0 like below, ./configure bombs out
>> claiming a lack of random number support in APR. Can anyone else
>> confirm this or is it just me?
>>
>> checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... checking dependencies
>> You need APR random support to use mod_auth_digest.
>> Look at APR configure options --with-egd and --with-devrandom.
>> checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... configure: error:
>> mod_auth_digest has been requested but can not be built due to
>> prerequisite failures
>>
>> I am trying to build under Yellowdog Linux v2.3.
>

> what is the setting of APR_HAS_RANDOM in whichever apr.h the Apache
> build is using?

#define APR_HAS_RANDOM            1

> what is put in config.log related to the mod_auth_digest checking right
> before the failure?

This appears buried inside the config.log file:

configure:6356: checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest
configure:6437: result: no

> Note that this code was changed to use an APR macro to check for
> APR_HAS_RANDOM recently (2 weeks ago), and the APR macro itself was
> changed in the same timeframe, so updating httpd-2.0 without updating
> apr wouldn't be too cool.  Hopefully the info asked for above will yield
> some clues.

Looks like auth_digest is not supposed to be included, but it gets
included anyway.

I have attached the config.log file - does any of this make sense?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street