apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: random number support weirdness in APR
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:44:10 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> When I build HEAD of httpd v2.0 like below, ./configure bombs out
> claiming a lack of random number support in APR. Can anyone else confirm
> this or is it just me?
>
> checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... checking dependencies
> You need APR random support to use mod_auth_digest.
> Look at APR configure options --with-egd and --with-devrandom.
> checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... configure: error:
> mod_auth_digest has been requested but can not be built due to
> prerequisite failures
>
> I am trying to build under Yellowdog Linux v2.3.

what is the setting of APR_HAS_RANDOM in whichever apr.h the Apache
build is using?

what is put in config.log related to the mod_auth_digest checking right
before the failure?

Note that this code was changed to use an APR macro to check for
APR_HAS_RANDOM recently (2 weeks ago), and the APR macro itself was
changed in the same timeframe, so updating httpd-2.0 without updating
apr wouldn't be too cool.  Hopefully the info asked for above will yield
some clues.

Thanks,

Jeff