apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: autoconf problems with the apr RC2 / powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 04:08:15 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 06:10 PM 3/24/2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Mea Culpa. Running buildconf has resolved the problem.
>

>>for some reason I thought that 'make distclean' does a total clean.
>

> Since we distribute ./configure, no, make distclean should not
> remove ./configure, so you shouldn't need to rerun ./buildconf.

true. Since I was always forgeting to run 'buildconf', I've put it in my build
script and always run it. But this time I was building in a different place
where I didn't have my build script, so I've forgot about it.

> Perhaps a ./configure target with the buildconf and sources would
> be useful to either emit a warning or cause a total meltdown of
> ./configure.  Oh - wait, we aren't talking about make, that's a script
> ... but I'm sure we could come up with the equivalent.  This seems to
> bite even the principals of this project way to often ;-)

Compare the target timestamps inside ./configure and re-run buildconf if the
timestamp of ./configure is older than the target files?