apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: 0.9.2
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:03:11 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 12:29 PM 3/24/2003, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>

>>so is 0.9.2 out?
>>
>>there are tarballs up, but they're labelled 'alpha', and there hasn't been any kind
of announcement of a release that i can find.  should those of us who maintain packages of
it feel free to update them to use the tarballs that are there now, or are those going to
be replaced with 'non-alpha' tarballs at some point?

>>just wondering what the status is.
>>

>What say you?
>
>We always wait for a day or two for folks to +1/-1 the image's quality.  If we
>determine it isn't release quality, the -alpha images stay out there, but won't
>be considered a -gold 'release'.  Now, since we aren't at 1.0, we really
>should just be saying these are -alpha or -beta, but either way, we need
>some folks to say +1.

other than the symlink'd install directory issue, which is certainly
minor enough to wait for the next release, i haven't found any problems,
so i'd say +1, ship it.

-garrett