apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: FreeBSD 5.0: checking "TCP_NODELAY setting is inherited" hangs system
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:28:07 GMT
Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the latest apr from CVS, and when I tried to configure it,
> it locks up my machine hard.  The last step it runs before hanging is:
>
> checking if TCP_NODELAY setting is inherited from listening sockets

> Has anyone seen this before?

(I assume you know what "locks up my machine hard" means and it isn't
simply that configure stalled.  Not that configure should stall, but
still...)

I haven't seen this on FreeBSD 5.0, but I haven't run CURRENT.

I would recommend upgrading to the latest CURRENT and, if the problem
still exists, report this to the FreeBSD folks ASAP.

Depending on how it is resolved and how long it was broken, perhaps we
can add a test to fail the configure on the broken FreeBSD levels and
point out that an update is necessary.