apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject the issue with apr_generate_random_bytes
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:34:57 GMT
Hmm, now I see why apr_generate_random_bytes is not exported on AIX. For some
reason I was checking apr.exp on linux and thought it was just a bug in older
apr versions that apr_generate_random_bytes wasn't exported. my bad. So we have:

#if APR_HAS_RANDOM
APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_generate_random_bytes(unsigned char * buf,
                                                     apr_size_t length);

I thought that apr_ namespace includes only functions available on all
supported platforms. Is that a wrong assumption?

it looks that one of the linking problems that I had with libapr was due to
this issue. one of the mod_perl libs provided a perl glue for this function,
but the function wasn't available on AIX.

How this situation should be handled? Should we drop the provision of the perl
glue for this function, as it might be unavailable?

Are there other apr_ functions that are subject to availability?