apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: I surrender (.pdb for releases, no .dbg)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:56:37 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>Brane, I am certain you experienced an anomaly, perhaps a broken
>version of rebase.exe.  I say this, having compared the sizes of the
>Apache 2.0.44 distributed iconv tree to the latest *release* build of
>the same.  (Or perhaps you were looking at *debug* builds.)

Actually, I was looking at the apr-iconv modules linked with the static
apr and apr-iconv, not the DLLs. For some reason, rebase doesn't create
.dbg files in that case. Don't ask me why not, but there it is. So it
doesn't strip debug symbols, either.

So no, this isn't a problem for anything linked with the DLLs --
therefore, not for Apache. It is a problem for Subversion at this point
in time, but I think we can live with it for now.

--
Brane Čibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/