apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Problem with apr_proc_mutex
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:28:46 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> 3. failing that, we have a bug in APR_LOCK_POSIX that the fname passed
>    is ignored, so a random one is invented, but a patch at line 129 of
>    proc_mutex.c could make that hassle disappear.

Well, I wouldn't consider it a 'bug'. proc_mutex_posix_create ignores
fname because of some restrictions on what it can be, and some
OS dependency on those restrictions. I will concur that maybe
what we should do is 1st try fname and if that fails do what
we do now (with the required logging to inform the person). If
we all concur that that would be a Good Thing, I can make the
required minor adjustments :)