apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker pod.c
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:08:34 GMT
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 01:56:52PM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> At 01:09 PM 3/21/2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> >I'm a bit nervous about the existing/new special handling for descriptors 0-2.
>
> Ok, here is a patch that uses the target file's inherit and noclose
> flag bits for apr_file_dup2(), and leaves apr_file_dup() results as
> never inherited and always registering a cleanup.
>
> Would this patch satisfy your concerns?  Does this patch resolve
> the new misbehavior?

This patch does fix the problem I was seeing.  To play the conservative
again, why not just back down to the r1.56 filedup.c for the new APR
0.9.2 release (and presumably hence the next httpd 2.0 release), and
stop trying to slip in these behaviour changes at the last minute
without testing them first?

Regards,

joe