apr-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: FreeBSD 5.0: checking "TCP_NODELAY setting is inherited" hangs system
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:07:52 GMT
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 01:28:07PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I got the latest apr from CVS, and when I tried to configure it,
> >it locks up my machine hard.  The last step it runs before hanging is:
> >
> >checking if TCP_NODELAY setting is inherited from listening sockets
>
> >Has anyone seen this before?
>
> (I assume you know what "locks up my machine hard" means and it isn't
> simply that configure stalled.  Not that configure should stall, but
> still...)

When I say "locks up my machine hard", I really mean it.  The machine becomes
unresponsive at the keyboard, and network connectivity stops (the machine does
not respond to pings, and new ssh/telnet connections cannot be made).

I did not set up a debug kernel on my second machine, so I did not
break into ddb to see if I could figure out where it had hung.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc