apr-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: apr 0.9.2 release?
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 02:39:00 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 05:56:13PM -0800, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> Subversion's latest releases are all tested against the apr/apr-util
> included in the httpd-2.0.44 release.  Maybe you could checkout the
> 2.0.44 tag of apr/apr-util, and build the port around that?

Well the way that ports work, subversion is dependent on the released
version of APR.  Checking out things from CVS is not how things work.
Part of the port process entails downloading
the tgz package from the distribution source and building it.
I could make the port work off of a snapshot of APR (which is what
Garrett Rooney had set up before), but APR snapshots have a shelf
life which is too short, unless a file is placed in the unreleased
directory and stays around for a while.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc