apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Finally (whew...) WAR_0_9_2_RC1
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:51:43 GMT
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:00:34PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> My plan is to ask the group to bless this tag, or an RC2 tagged late
> tomorrow if we have reasonable changes to drop in (they should fix
> very identifiable bugs of a very limited scope), and roll 0.9.2 on Friday.

Just cut the darned release. If you have time to make a release, then just
do it. *ANYTHING* that gets released will be better than 0.9.1; we're a long
ways past that release.

So what if it isn't perfect? That's what another release is for.

If we got in the habit of releases every other week, then questions like
this wouldn't even need to be asked. Cut and release, and bugs are fixed in
the next one.

Releases don't need to take a lot of effort. Tag, roll, release. Most of
that is scripted, even. It's just a matter of somebody sitting down for an
hour and doing it.

Cheers,
-g

--