apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Apache, UDP and lingering_close
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:20:52 GMT
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

> I've been working on mod_udp for the last week or so and got everything
> working in a modular way. It basically works fine.

Just one quick comment regarding the udp patches before I forget...

One of the patches modified socket buckets to add a conditional into
socket_bucket_read() to call apr_socket_recvfrom() instead of
apr_socket_read() depending on the type of the socket.  I get the strong
feeling that we shouldn't try to mix UDP and TCP sockets into the same
bucket type.  The existing socket buckets should remain TCP only.  UDP
socket buckets can either be a separate entity in apr-util or mod_udp for
Apache can provide them as a 3rd-party bucket type.  But in general, if
you have to use a totally separate API out of APR to read from them, they
should be a separate bucket type IMO.

--Cliff