apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_proc_create
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:38:44 GMT
IIRC, there was a fundamental problem using this flag, that we didn't
end up with stdin/stdout/stderr handles or some such.  Because almost
every process folks are launching with APR today use some pipe method,
this was an unacceptable consequence.

If you have time to validate that isn't a problem against the Win9x and WinNT
families, I'd be happy to confirm and commit.  Otherwise, I had spent many
hours on this already, and don't want to chase those ghosts from the past.

Bill