apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (apr) Wed Feb 12 23:45:36 EST 2003
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:17:03 GMT
Craig, thank you for submitting this patch.  At the moment we are trying
to maintain source and some binary compatibility between revisions.  When
we've hit the big 1.0, all have agreed that the old symbols will go *poof* and
we will be left with a clean API.

-#define    FNM_NOMATCH    1    /**< Match failed. */
+#define    APR_FNM_NOMATCH    1    /**< Match failed. */
+
+#define    FNM_NOMATCH    APR_FNM_NOMATCH /**< @deprecated */

is what we are looking for to keep code that compiled in 0.9.2-dev building
in 0.9.3-dev and onwards, until the magic APR 1.0.0 arrives :-)

To your other question; will likely apply your patch, deprecating your old
symbols; finish the other_child work for win32/unix work-alike behavior,
and then tag a 0_9_2_RC1 candidate for everyone's review.  This was to
have happened this afternoon, it now looks more like Saturday evening.

Bill