apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: The Release Candidate version number?
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:11:18 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 6:08 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> But what version?  Stas pointed out last night (on irc) that you
>> can't just do an APR version test for 0.9.2 because we've defined
>> the version as 0.9.2 (-dev) for a very long time.
>

> Uh, check for APR_IS_DEV_VERSION.  Releases can not be made with that
> symbol.  (Our release script enforces this.)
>
> -dev releases must be assumed to be of unknown quality, while non-dev
> releases should only be one particular tree of presumably known
> quality.  -- justin

Assuming that my patch to handle the segfault in apr_uri_unparse goes in
before the next -gold release, how am I supposed to handle the older apr
(since modperl has to support older apr as well). Currently it seems that I
have to do the following:

#if APR_MINOR_VERSION == 9 &&
(APR_PATCH_VERSION < 2 || APR_PATCH_VERSION == 2 && APR_IS_DEV_VERSION)
     /* apr < 0.9.3 segfaults if hostname is set, but scheme is not */
     if (uptr->hostname && !uptr->scheme) {
         uptr->scheme = "http";
     }
#endif