apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build problems with apr-util-0.9.1 src
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:09:35 GMT
Trevor Hurst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in need of building the apr-util source because a
> project of mine requires that I build auth-ldap into
> my Apache 2.0.44 server.

> Creating configure ...
>
> Then when I run ./configure it cannot find the install-sh:
>
> eskimo [361] ./configure
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in ../apr/build
> ./../apr/build
>
> ..and it's looking in the wrong directory (?)

(I assume you're running ./buildconf from the apr-util directory.)

try "./configure --with-apr=/path/to/apr/install/or/source/directory", or make
sure that apr and apr-util share a common parent directory.

When apr-util is built from an httpd tarball, the apr and apr-util directories
both live under srclib/, so ../apr/build does the right thing.

Greg