apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: 0.9.2-rc1 outstanding issues and win32 debug symbols
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:57:14 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>What say we?  Does this sound like something worth researching?  Allen,
>Brane and fellow Win32 hackers, should I proceed to figure out how to
>structure such a binaries and symbols resource after I finish the
>apr 0.9.2 and httpd 2.0.45 releases?  Of course I will set aside those files,
>.zip the .pdb's for posterity, roll the .dbg files into the installer (optional
>feature, of course.)  We might also trash the /map extraction from our
>link steps, seeing as .dbg and .pdb files contain everything we could ever
>wish to have.

I think having the .dbg symbols should be quite enough for a normal
httpd installation, so I think fixing the timestamp problem isn't that
important for 0.9.2/2.0.45. If we can really do without the map files
once the .dbg's are available, then I see nothing wrong with killing them.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/